Terms and conditions
Pre-order products for flights
When pre-ordering products for your flight, you will be asked to give your flight details. Your order will be delivered to your seat before boarding. Pre-order products are paid on board the flight.
Pre-ordering is available 30 days before departure.
For flights departing from Helsinki, order should be processed no later than 12:00 the day before the flight. For flights departing from any other destination, no later than three to five days before departure, depending on the place of departure (for more information about customer service).
Home delivery products
Finnair Shop delivers home delivery products to all EU countries and to Norway, Switzerland, USA, Canada, Japan, China, Australia and South Korea. In Finland, the postal deliveries are shipped using the Finnish Postal Service, Posti. Orders are delivered to your local post office. Larger items, such as furniture, will be delivered directly to your door.
When selling and transporting goods to countries outside the EU, all eventual import duties, local taxes or similar costs must be paid by the receiver.
The shipping prices for home delivery items depend on the product and the shipping country. You
can see the final costs before payment.
Award vouchers and gift cards
Award vouchers are delivered to your email address together with the confirmation email after payment. Award vouchers are valid for the time period indicated on them and each voucher can be used only once. Please check the possible restrictions directly with the service provider.
Finnair Shop customers have a fourteen-day right of return or exchange for home delivery products in accordance with the Finnish consumer protection legislation. Returned items must be unused. The return policy does not cover items, which are produced or altered according to the customer’s wishes. These products have been clearly indicated as “Made-to- Order” in the product details.
Restrictions concerning returned items follow the consumer protection legislation: games, movies, software and other sealed items cannot be returned after the package has been opened as the products cannot be sold again. Also toiletries and other hygiene products cannot be returned after opening the package. These include for example skin care products, deodorants, fragrances, make-up items and body care products.
According to the consumer protection legislation, there is no right of return for service items and digital content, if the service has been completed or if the electronic delivery of a digital content has been started with your consent, and if the lack of return right has been communicated in advance.
Returned items must be carefully packed.
Returning Boom Finland products
If you want to return a product sent by Boom Finland Oy, you can use Posti’s free return service within Finland. Boom Finland Oy will not cover the postage for returns sent from outside of Finland. Please send the items to Finnair Shop/Boom Finland Oy, Iso-Heikkiläntie 6, 20200 Turku, Finland (contract number: 626177).
Before returning a product, please contact the Boom Finland Oy customer service via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Not picking up a delivery from the post office is not an accepted way of returning a product.
Depending on the payment method, the price of the returned items will be refunded to your credit card or bank account within 14 days of the receipt of the returned product or return notice sent to Finnair Shop customer service. If you have used Finnair Plus points for your order, they will be refunded to your Finnair Plus account. The shipping cost will not be refunded and will be deducted primarily from the cash payment.
Returning Finnair Travel Retail products within Finland
If you want to return a product sent by Finnair Travel Retail Oy within Finland, please follow Posti’s return instructions. You can find the up-to- date instructions at https://www.posti.fi/private/returnparcel/.
Finnair Travel Retail Oy will cover the postage for returned items within Finland.
Returning Finnair Travel Retail products from outside of Finland
If you want to return Finnair Travel Retail products from outside of Finland, you need to cover the possible expenses yourself. Please send the package to Finnair Travel Retail Oy, Tietotie 8, 01530 Vantaa, Finland (contract number: 123115).
If you need any help, you can contact the Finnair Travel Retail customer service via email at email@example.com or via telephone at +358 10 800 400 (local network charge). The Finnair Travel Retail Oy customer service is open 8 a.m.–6 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–12 noon on Saturday and Sunday.
Returning award vouchers and gift cards
Award vouchers and gift cards cannot be returned or converted into cash. Unused award vouchers or a part of them will not be refunded, nor can points be refunded to your account. Lost award vouchers will not be replaced.
All customer information records are secured and all confidential information is encrypted to prevent third party access. We utilize SSL encryption, which is the most popular system for Internet encryption and used by several banks to secure online transactions.
Use of Finnair's Internet pages is conditional upon you adhering to the terms and conditions hereof and those applicable to each of our services.
- All information published on Finnair's Internet pages is provided "as is". No warranties, either expressed or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or non-infringement or warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, is made as to the availability, accuracy, reliability, content or any other property.
- We shall not be liable for, and you agree to waive, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, your right to any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, loss of profits or business opportunities or for business interruption arising out of the use of or unavailability of these pages or services, in any and all circumstances.
- The contents of these pages, including without limitation, trademarks, service names and brands are the property of Finnair Plc, or respective third parties. Such properties are protected by copyright and other laws. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. You are not allowed to reproduce, transfer, distribute or store any part of the contents thereof without our prior written permission and are not granted any right to use any marks appearing on theses site without the prior written consent of us or the third parties, as the case may be.
- You may use Finnair's Internet pages and their contents for private, non-commercial use only. Press releases and other documents indicated as being public can be used also for other purposes, provided that you clearly state the source of the information.
- You are required to covenant that you will not submit any unlawful or inappropriate materials to us. By submitting any material, you will grant us an unlimited right to use such material without compensation and without any accountability towards you. You shall use your reasonable efforts to ensure that such material is free of viruses and other harmful characteristics.
- Use of sites through links on Finnair's Internet pages is subject to terms and conditions of such other sites. We have no control over the contents or other properties of such sites and assume no liability for any matters arising out of use by you of such sites. Unless specifically stated to the contrary, we endorse neither such site nor the owners, operators, contents or other properties thereof.
- The properties of these pages, including without limitation, the appearance, contents, access and availability, the services and goods supplied, and the rules of use, are subject to change by us, at any time, for any reason and without prior notice.
- No person under the age of 18 may order services or goods from Finnair's Internet pages, other than services or goods supplied free of charge by us, as the case may be, without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.